Wish connects users with merchants. As a user, when you place an order on Wish, you create a transaction with an independent merchant, facilitated by Wish.
A transaction is created when a user completes the checkout process on Wish. Both the user and the seller are notified by Wish about the order and a record is created of the transaction. A transaction is considered complete once the user has submitted payment and the seller has shipped the product to the user.
Wish aims to keep the shopping experience consistent across its website; however, since each seller is an independent merchant, there may be some differences between sellers. Each merchant may have their own specific policies for things like returns, exchanges, and custom orders; these merchant policies may not conflict with Wish's site-wide policies. Additionally, please take note that third-party services may be involved in a transaction (for example: PayPal, shipping services), and these other services may have different policies regarding transactions or use of their services.
In the case of a refund, Wish is able to refund a transaction only to the credit, debit card or PayPal account used for that transaction. Wish is not able to issue refunds to different cards, to different accounts, by check, or by any other means. Wish cannot be held liable for issues related to canceled cards; it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure that they can receive the refund in the account for their card.
In the case of a return, the merchant is the entity who may accept and facilitate a return. A return is an agreement between the buyer and the merchant. Wish is not liable for the cost of return shipment.
As a user on Wish, you can take steps to help create a smooth transaction:
- Use the contact seller feature to communicate about any questions, special details or problems.
- Read the listing details and the help page before purchasing.
- Provide an accurate shipping address during checkout.
- Before returning an item, contact the seller. (Not all sellers accept returns.)
- In the event of a return, retain proof of shipping and/or delivery confirmation that includes the date and recipient's address (at least the city/state or zip code).
- In the event of a dispute, use the contact seller feature to communicate with the seller directly.
We hope that your experience on Wish is smooth and hassle-free. In the event of a problem with a transaction, Wish encourages the user and seller to resolve the situation through the contact seller feature. The user may use this feature for the following issues:
- Non-delivery: user never receives an order that has been marked as shipped and that has not been cancelled or refunded
- Product not as described: the product received is significantly different from the original listing
- Product is damaged or defective: the product received is not in acceptable, working condition
It is in Wish's best interest that all concerns are resolved. If the user is unable to resolve an issue directly with a seller, the user may contact Wish for help in resolving any issues.
Sellers agree to complete valid transactions. On occasion, a seller may need to cancel a transaction for various reasons, including but not limited to availability/stock, user request, or invalid shipping destination.
If a user would like to cancel an order, the user should contact the seller via the contact seller feature to request cancellation. Product returns may be subject to an individual seller's policies and whether the item has shipped.
The seller may cancel or refund a transaction, as defined by these circumstances:
- Both the user and seller agree to cancel the transaction prior to shipment. The seller refunds the user (price paid for item plus shipping).
- The seller has stopped service to the user (e.g., because an item is out of stock or the seller cannot ship to the user's address). The seller refunds the user (price paid for item plus shipping).
- The user paid for the order. Although the seller shipped the order, the user does not receive the order. The seller agrees to refund the user (price paid for item at minimum).
- The user paid, the seller shipped the order, and the user receives the order. Then the user and seller agree the user can return the item to the seller for a refund. The seller receives the returned product(s), and the seller refunds the user (price paid for item at minimum).